Re: Slim RDF

From: Ross Judson <ross@ManagedObjects.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:27:44 -0500
To: "Sergey Melnik" <melnik@db.stanford.edu>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
This maps fairly closely to my implementation.  I've attached a Java file
with the primary source interface for discussion purposes.  If you strip
away the "java-isms" in it, it's basically what you describe.  I find it to
be very useful as a general purpose library.  This is a bit crude (it's an
early version) but the ideas are straightforward.

Tuple-based techniques can be used to solve a large set of problems.

If you are concerned with manipulating tuples instead of adhering to RDF
guidelines, URIs are a convenience rather than a necessity.  All you need is
a sense of identity.  An additional sense of order (such as lexicographical
ordering) can be used to optimize implementation.