From: Charlie Abela [mailto:abcharl@maltanet.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 12:11 PM
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Subject: Interpreting DAML+OIL

Hi All

Hope there is still someone out there who can give a hand.

A simple but fundamental question:

A DAML+OIL ontology can be parsed using various APIs such as DAML API or
Jena, that would give the structure of the ontology. But an interpreter is a
must if one has to make sense out of the structures parsed. By just parsing
the DAML gets you only half way through the process; interpretation has to
be the next step. Correct?

There are I suppose ready made interpreters available.... Which ones are
most readily used and also easier to use?

What issues need to be considered if one wants to implement or extend an
interpreter?

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Charlie