Re: RDF-In-XHTML; A "New" Approach

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:54:31 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Cc: "William Loughborough" <love26@gorge.net>
> Abstract: This is an approach for embedding page metadata
> in HTML [...] so that there is an unambiguous mapping into
> RDF, with tools (in XSLT) to do so.

Since sending this mail, I've had quite a few off-list encouragements,
concerns, comments, questions, and other feedback - thank you!

Folowing a suggestion from Seth Russell, I have set up a form that allows
one to scrape the metadata from the page that refered to it, or from a URI
in the query string. For example, if you use the system that I outlined,
you can link to the following URI:-

   http://infomesh.net/2001/tordf/

and it will automatically convert your XHTML page into RDF. An example of
this is now given on my SW Hacking homepage:-

   http://infomesh.net/2001/05/sw/

(the link at the top entitled "metadata for this page"), and hence, it now
eats its own dog food :-)

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer