Re: RDF-In-XHTML; A "New" Approach

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:54:33 +0100
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "William Loughborough" <love26@gorge.net>
Hi Chaals,

> - catching hreflang attributes would be good.

O.K.; I've added that functionality to the new, more comprehensive,
stylesheet:-

   http://infomesh.net/2001/08/rdfinxhtml/xhtml2rdf.xsl

For .//h:rel and //h:a[@rel]

> - Being able to determine a locator of any <a> element that had
> a rel attribute would be helpful for giving more info.

Already done it :-)

> - Having a property for an untyped a element would be nice.

Yes, it would... but there's a similar problem there to the link types that
HTML 4.01 specificies: what URI do we use? We could always make one up, I
suppose.

> There is also the question of how to use multiple profiles, which
> we are getting into needing a solution for.

That's probably something that HyperRDF [1] will be able to handle. I agree
that it is a problem, but really, the only way to fix it is to have
prefixes for all of the profiles.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/07/hs78/

--
Kindest Regards,