RE: RDFCore Update

From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@interwoven.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:50:19 -0700
To: <nejdl@kbs.uni-hannover.de>, "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>, "Wolfgang Nejdl" <nejdl@stanford.edu>
Wolfgang asks:
[Brian McBride said:]
> >   o The model theory will be defined for RDF graphs, not n-triples.
>
> Why did you decide to define it for RDF graphs? Specifying the
> semantics on n-triples is probably closer to the usual first order
> logic formalisms (or Datalog), see e.g. our formalization of the
> O-Telos-RDF variant (comparable to RDFS),
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2001Aug/0064.html).

Because n-triples is only one of possibly many serializations
of RDF graphs.

Ron Daniel Jr.
Standards Architect
Tel: +1 415 778 3113
Fax: +1 415 778 3131
Email: rdaniel@interwoven.com

Register for GearUp 2001, Oct. 9-12
The Year's Hottest Content Infrastructure Conference
Visit www.interwoven.com/gearup2001