How can I validate RDF in XML docs?

From: by way of <iinmgc00@ucv.udc.es>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:46:54 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
[freed from spam trap -rrs]

 Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:37:58 -0400 (EDT)
 From: Manuel jesus Gonzalez Castro  <iinmgc00@ucv.udc.es>
 To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

I'm trying to embed some RDF metadata in my XML documents. I use Xerces-J
XML parser to read and validate the documents, so tried the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

But the parser don't like the "http://www.w3.org/2000/07/rdf.xsd" XML
Schema because it's written in an older specification
("http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema") than the current

I found similar problems with the XML Schema for Dublin Core Metadata
located at

1) Is there any XML Schema for RDF conforming the
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" specification?

2) If no, how can I validate an XML including RDF metadata using a XML
parser like Xerces?

Thanks in advance.

Manuel González
Mechanical Engineering Dep.