RE: Summary of the QName to URI Mapping Problem

Aaron Swartz wrote (in reply to me):
> > Unfortunately, the current XML syntax only supports the use of
> > QNames with a
> > namespace having a '#'-friendly URI scheme.
>
> This is false. The Dublin Core namespace
> (http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/) does not use a '#'.

I said it only supports namespaces using *schemes* that are
'#'-friendly.  The http: scheme is '#'-friendly, by which I mean
that you can use the "ending in a '#'" convention safely with it,
so your example does not contradict my statement.  However, there
exist URI schemes that are not '#'-friendly, and there is nothing
in the RDF specification that says these shouldn't be used with
the namespaces in QNames.

- Stephen