From: Piotr Kaminski
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Cc: SCranefield@infoscience.otago.ac.nz
Sent: 8/17/01 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: Summary of the QName to URI Mapping Problem

Aaron Swartz said:
> It's when you start claiming that different
> QNames must be disjunct and that URIs are really made up of two
> parts that you go off the deep end.

URIs are not made up of two parts (in general).

But how can you say that it's acceptable to consider different QNames to
be the same?  If I wanted them to be the same, then I would've picked
the
same URI and local name.  If I didn't do that, what gives you the right
merge them?

        -- P.

--
  Piotr Kaminski <piotr@ideanest.com>  http://www.ideanest.com/
  "It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance."