Re: Summary of the QName to URI Mapping Problem

On Friday, August 17, 2001, at 08:03  AM,
Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:

>> Yes, there is a bug in RDF/XML with regards to this. Use
>> N-Triples or N3 or something instead.
>
> Well, I'd rather use the standard (and see it fixed). I could
> use those, or just as well roll my own serialization model, but
> that doesn't mean that I can expect that any arbitrary SW agent
> is going to be able to eat my data...

Well, it seems unlikely that the current WG is going to fix
RDF/XML to address this issue. Meanwhile, N-Triples is shaping
up to be very useful for this kind of interchange format. Does
the spec address your issues?

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/ntriples/

>> There is an issue about this on the list, but I agree, it is a
>> problem.
> Thank you. Perhaps you can then explain why it is a problem to
> Dan and the others who don't seem to understand what I'm talking
> about...

DanC and others understand this issue well -- I've spoken to
them about it. It's when you start claiming that different
QNames must be disjunct and that URIs are really made up of two
parts that you go off the deep end.