Re: Summary of the QName to URI Mapping Problem

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:54:50 -0400
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, SCranefield@infoscience.otago.ac.nz
On Thursday, August 16, 2001, at 06:25  AM,
Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:

> Nobody can rightfully tell me that the above URI scheme is
> invalid (even
> if they wouldn't necessarily choose to use it) or that I must
> accept the
> invalid and meaningless URI "urn:partax:(foo)bar" (invalid because it
> violates the partax URI scheme syntax and meaningless because no such
> resource exists) instead of the correct "urn:partax:(foo(bar))" as the
> URI of my resource within any arbitrary RDF context running on
> any machine
> anywhere in the SW. Sorry. Nope. No way.

Yes, there is a bug in RDF/XML with regards to this. Use
N-Triples or N3 or something instead. There is an issue about
this on the list, but I agree, it is a problem.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>