Re: Angels

At 04:22 PM 8/16/01 +0100, Neil Smith wrote:
>Can we not get the product established in real world applications, and
>then tidy it up later?

Not if the "establishing" is contingent on the "tidying".

However there is some tendency to insist that "facts" = "problems" and this
is often a stretch. It may be "factual" that there could be two people on
the planet named "William Baldridge Loughborough, Jr." but it'd be hard to
convince me that the "problems" therefrom would make the current practices
of naming children unusable.

In fact I'd bet that pedants can find endless reasons to further delay use
of this stuff until we can have another pointless conference over it.
Xanadu has been vaporware for longer than WWW has transformed many aspects
of life on the planet.

If there's any chance that "getting on with it" can help end such notions
as "starving babies" and "war" then let's do more of that. If, however
there is a truly "fatal flaw" in what's in the
specs/standards/recommendations/procedures/languages/+, BRING IT. Just
don't confuse "facts" with "problems".

--
Love.
EACH UN-INDEXED/ANNOTATED WEB POSTING WE MAKE IS TESTAMENT TO OUR HYPOCRISY