rdf schema

From: Eric Lease Morgan <eric_morgan@ncsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:50:58 -0400
To: <xml4lib@sunsite.berkeley.edu>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

I am trying to declare a namespace with an RDF schema, but I don't
understand the syntax. Do you?

In a fit of creativity over the weekend, I implemented most of the OAI (Open
Archive Initiative) against my Alex Catalogue of Electronic Texts. See:

  http://www.infomotions.com/alex/oai/

As a part of the OAI "standard" I must, at the very least, describe my
content with the Dublin Core. To do so I declare a dc namespace like this:

  <dc xmlns="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance"
      xsi:schemaLocation="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
      http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/dc.xsd">

That works, but now I want to use RDF because the Dublin Core is (by
definition) limiting.

In order to be as complete as possible and kill two birds with one stone,
how do I accomplish an RDF declaration? Like this:

  <rdf:RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
           xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance"
           xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
           http://www.w3.org/2000/07/rdf.xsd>

--
Eric Lease Morgan
Digital Library Initiatives, NCSU Libraries