RE: "If" and "else" in RDF

From: Danny Ayers <danny@panlanka.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 01:07:37 +0600
To: "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>, <info@jan-winkler.de>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

<- Ok on that we agree.  Some process needs to operate on the
<- <conditional> to
<- access the truth of the situation within some context before the value is
<- known.  Sure, we can represent any relation R(<conditional>, <value>) in
<- RDF.  But, me thinks,  if we try to take the extra step of
<- saying inside the
<- RDF "if <conditional> then <value>", without also specifying at least the
<- class of process,  and the class of context in which that statement is
<- operational, me thinks we are kidding ourselves.

generally speaking, won't <conditional> and <value> have true/false values?
In which case the context/processing is irrelevant - if the condition's true
then so's the consequent... (what is done with this knowledge is another
matter)