RDF Datatypes

From: Steven Livingstone <stv_ca@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:31:28 -0500
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Hello all.
I am just new to this group as i am working on an application that will very
likely use RDF and so i intend to get heavily involved in it now.

The first question i have is concerning datatypes in the RDF schema,
specifically the range attribute. Is it likely that this will be very much
similar to the XML Schema Part 2 Datatypes spec
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/) ??

If so, who has done much work looking into how well this will map to the
requirements of RDF??

On initial thinking it seems that it should be a very good fit. I did find
one link, but it was down, so i dunno what it was suggesting.

thanks,
Steven

IT Architect,
IBM.