Re: RDF and xml:base

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:08:32 +0200
To: RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Aaron Swartz wrote:

> As raised in:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2001Apr/0427.html
>
> I'm unaware of how xml:base should be used in RDF. Are their any thoughts on
> this as an interoperability consideration, etc.?

Even if it's a non normative section, I have always been surprised to
see that RDF is one of the only specifications that hasn't been
mentioned as impacted in the xml:base specifications (it's a point I had
mentioned a while ago on xmlhack [1] and it's still true of the Proposed
Recommendation).

More important, I do think it would make sense to use it in RDF, but it
may require an update in the RDF specification to avoid inconsistent
behaviors.

Eric

[1] http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=756

--