RE: N3 contexts vs RDF reification

From: Lee Jonas <ljonas@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:47:46 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, <indtec@eircom.net>
"Stuart Naylor" <indtec@eircom.net> wrote:

>I could of sworn you just explained how to provide relationships between
RDF
>metadata ontologies.

Yes, indeed.  This is one of a couple of practical uses that I know of for
reification.

This is precisely what OMG are doing with their Meta Object Facility [1]
technology - it provides a way of dynamically mapping between different
'schemas' (or interface definitions) by describing those schemas at yet more
levels of abstraction above.  I can quite remember, but I think they
actually find it useful in some cases to go 4 or 5 levels of abstraction
above the actual data - it becomes very confusing, they lost me beyond the
first 3!

[1] http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/meta.htm

regards

Lee