Re: N3 contexts vs RDF reification

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:16:58 -0700
To: "pat hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
From: "pat hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>

> I wonder, could I make a plea that y'all change your terminology here
> slightly? The term 'higher-order' already has an accepted usage now
> for about80 years, and it isn't this, so this is likely to cause all
> kinds of confusion and wasted time. What you are talking about is
> meta-language statements (statements about other statements), not
> higher-order statements.

Sorry, that was my foo pa .. i have these concepts all smushed together in
my mind ... and am playing catch up with my education.  But I still don't
get what makes logic higher order.  I have tried to depict my understanding
of your description in the graph at
http://robustai.net/mentography/higherOrder.gif  which I have also put on
the Public CMap server under the SemanticWeb Project.  If you do find the
time to answer me, maybe you could show where I have gone wrong by mutating
my graph.

... your student
Seth