RE: ContentType negotiation

Andy Powell [mailto:a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk] wrote:

>One other issue with this approach is that it makes two resources ('the
>resource' and 'the RDF about the resource') available at the same URL.
>Both of these are (different) resources and each may have other RDF
>descriptions about them.

Yes, you have expressed my original doubts in a nutshell.  Is a resource's
metadata a different representation of that resource, or a different
resource entirely?

The former would indicate it is an acceptible way to do it, the latter not.

Any views?

>Is it a problem to make both resources available
>at the same URL or is everything OK provided that they can both also be
>identified separately with their own URI?  Or doesn't it matter?
>
>Andy
>--
>Distributed Systems and Services
>UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK       a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk
>http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/a.powell      Voice: +44 1225 323933
>Resource Discovery Network http://www.rdn.ac.uk/   Fax: +44 1225 826838

I assume you can always identify them separately with their own URI as well.

regards

Lee