RE: RDF Media Type

Hi Aaron,

Good job on the media type document. One major question:

Should the media type document be extended to define
text/rdf+xml, and the use of a +rdf+xml suffix, in addition
to its current definition of application/rdf+xml?

The main reason the XML media types
document proposed the +xml suffix was because there are
entirely different formats, such as SVG vs. XHTML, which
are expressed in XML but need very different software
to handle. I have assumed the same will happen with RDF,
where generic RDF software could deal with things as triples,
but different RDF Schemas would arise for vastly different
applications, such as Calendaring vs. descriptive metadata.
Those specific schemas would need their own software for
dealing with their specific elements.

Regards,
Ron Daniel Jr.
Standards Architect