Re: Linking RDF

From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:01:19 -0400
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny@panlanka.net>
Cc: "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Danny Ayers wrote:

> Of course I'm posting this before I've looked at the archives, but in the
> RDF case won't the mimetype and URL will be enough? - shouldn't everything
> within the file be fully qualified, so the grammar (purpose/nature) will
be
> indicated by the content & namespaces used within the RDF?

RDF doesn't have a media type at present. Regardless the nature:
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# is unambiguously RDF. The
purpose will depend on why the RDF document is being linked. Using a nature
and purpose allows multiple RDF documents to be linked each having a
different purpose (the purpose is an RDF predicate).

-Jonathan