Re: RDF in XHTML

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:07:19 +0100
To: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>, "Murray Altheim" <altheim@eng.sun.com>, "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>:-

> > I have little belief that a general RDF-in-XHTML solution is
> > necessary or even a good idea, and the discussions I've heard
> > here have not
>
> We hear you :-)  Some people think it is a fantastic idea, however,

What kind of applications are you looking at building for general RDF
contained in XHTML? I think that anything too abstract (a bit like the
stuff Seth and I regularly communicate to each other in Semenglish/N3)
is probably best linked to from the file (a la C.F.M.), whereas
generic applications are best shoved in the files themselves. Screen
scraping is also an option, but it's a bit hacky.

I still believe that a Dublin Core module for XHTML m12n would be a
good start, as would a W3C metadata profile for a "meta" link type. If
people want to start building proprietary garbage at the same time,
then please be my guest, but beware of the "it works for me" syndrome
:-)

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer