From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:07:19 +0100
To: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>, "Murray Altheim" <altheim@eng.sun.com>, "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>:-

> > I have little belief that a general RDF-in-XHTML solution is
> > necessary or even a good idea, and the discussions I've heard
> > here have not
> We hear you :-)  Some people think it is a fantastic idea, however,

What kind of applications are you looking at building for general RDF
contained in XHTML? I think that anything too abstract (a bit like the
stuff Seth and I regularly communicate to each other in Semenglish/N3)
is probably best linked to from the file (a la C.F.M.), whereas
generic applications are best shoved in the files themselves. Screen
scraping is also an option, but it's a bit hacky.

I still believe that a Dublin Core module for XHTML m12n would be a
good start, as would a W3C metadata profile for a "meta" link type. If
people want to start building proprietary garbage at the same time,
then please be my guest, but beware of the "it works for me" syndrome

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer