Re: RDF in XHTML

From: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>

>What does make
> sense is partitioning off applications of RDF, and embedding *them*. I
> agree that limiting ourselves to just Dublin Core would be silly, but
> it's a good a place to start as any.

I don't think we would make any useful progress by doing this a schema at a
time.  If RDF takes off, we should be knee deep in schemas within a couple
of years.   We want to make it very easy to start using a new schema.

Doesn't dan's suggestions in [1] point the way to avoid that?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2001Apr/0245.html

Let me see if I interperte it correctly:   If I write the page
http://robustai.net/something/samepageName.html
I would could link my semantic description of the page with something like
the following valid markup?

<HEAD profile="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/StandardProfile/
http://robustai.net/wierdProfile/">
  <TITLE>How to complete Memorandum cover sheets</TITLE>
  <META name="author" content="Seth Russell">
  <META name="keywords" content="something, anything, nothing">
  <META name="date" content="1994-11-06T08:49:37+00:00">
   <META name="authorDescibedRDF"
content="http://robustai.net/something/samepageName.rdf">
   <META name="authorDescibedN3"
content="http://robustai.net/something/samepageName.n3">
   <META name="authorDescibedSEM"
content="http://robustai.net/something/samepageName.sem">
   <META name="chiggy" content="something wierd that i just want to put here
for my own purposes">
 </HEAD>

And that the "authorDescribedXXX" attribute names would have been defined as
a standard for all to use and all agents to recognize, and my wierdProfile
would define "chiggy" for my own purposes ?

... or did i get this all twisted around again ...

Seth