RE: A Simple Analogy

From: dehora <bill@dehora.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:27:44 +0100
To: "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Sateesh,

: AFAIK, WSDL has no semantics. Its intended for design time binding, with a
: programmer intervention, not for runtime binding.

I'm confused. Are you saying WSDL does not have a semantics
because it doesn't bind at runtime?

: I would think RDF will make UDDI and WSDL unnecessary.

That's akin to saying Prolog makes SQL3 triggers uneccessary.
It may be correct, but how useful an observation is it? I'd
put it this way: I would think UDDI and WSDL marginalise RDF
by not being based on it.

regards,
Bill de hÓra