RE: Authors describing what their URIs mean

I don't think I agree with Seth's argument here - ignoring a spec is a risky
approach, whether or not the majority of browsers will accept it is another
issue (the spectre of browser wars looms). More worrying is how a machine is
expected to interpret the information (browsers are *not* the only readers
of HTML) - surely document validity is an important prerequisite? (though
admittedly not always essential) If the silverware isn't stamped, how do we
know it's silver? I certainly don't think this is minutia or absurd - rather
fundamental, and rational in fact.

I'm not sure, but probably until this issue is resolved, I think it would be
better practise to use meta tags in HTML rather than invalidate the document
with shoehorned RDF.

(BTW, righteously following the Dans' suggestions I've cut 6 targets out of
the To: & CC: fields. Now how do I collect my bandwidth rebate?)

---
Danny Ayers
http://www.isacat.net