RE: Vance

Slipping in a word like this is very crafty, a way of affecting the language
in subliminal ways (see Hidden Persuaders [1]).

Personally I like the term - dereference sounds clunky, there's a certain
(appropriate) dynamism to 'vance'. If there isn't one already a little page
giving it a fairly rigid definition might be useful, to avoid future
vance/prance controversy.

[1] http://www.salon.com/media/media961217.html

---
Danny Ayers