RE: Vance

From: Danny Ayers <danny@panlanka.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 22:41:25 +0600
To: "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "Ken MacLeod" <ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us>
Slipping in a word like this is very crafty, a way of affecting the language
in subliminal ways (see Hidden Persuaders [1]).

Personally I like the term - dereference sounds clunky, there's a certain
(appropriate) dynamism to 'vance'. If there isn't one already a little page
giving it a fairly rigid definition might be useful, to avoid future
vance/prance controversy.

[1] http://www.salon.com/media/media961217.html

---
Danny Ayers