Re: URIs / URLs

From: Lee Jonas <ljonas@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 07:16:11 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
"Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com> wrote:

>The point is that the only real way to assure some URI as identifying
>a persistent concept is to either date stamp it, or make sure that it
>is only used within a limited context. I see your point though:
>practically, using your homepage to identify you (or perhaps a FragID
>on that page) is a good idea, especially as one can glean further
>information from the vancing thereof.

You don't have to overload an identifier to vance a web page containing
information about a resource:

[ :- <urn:sasasdadvr>; name "Lee Jonas"; a s:Person;
   homepage [ :- <http://www.leejonas.co.uk>; a s:WebPage; date "2001" ],
            [ :- <http://www.cakehouse.co.uk/~lee>; a s:WebPage; date
"2001"];
   mailbox  [ :- <mailto:ljonas@acm.org>; a s:mailbox; date "2001" ],