Re: Dispositions of Dave Beckett's comments

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 07:54:36 -0500
To: <rdaniel@interwoven.com>, Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
CC: "'spec-comments'" <spec-comments@prismstandard.org>
Ron Daniel <rdaniel@interwoven.com> wrote:

>> 4.8.3
>>   Note that although a sequence of <dc:creator> elements in an
>>   RDF/XML file implicitly defines a sequence (in the XML world), RDF
>>   parsers have no obligation to preserve that ordering, unlike in an
>>   rdf:Seq.  So the PRISM RDF profile requires that the ordering be
>>   preseved.
>
> Yes, good catch. I have added that suggestion to the profile.
>
> (Now I will have to add some stuff to my implementation to
> keep track of that ordering.)

Wait a sec... Are you explicitly adding something to PRISM that will make it
incompatible will the rest of the RDF world? I may not understand the
comment, and apologize if this is the case, but if I read it correctly,
PRISM files using this special addition will be essentially unusable with a
generic RDF processor. This would be a Bad Thing.