Re: When?

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:45:04 -0700
To: rdf <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
William Loughborough wrote:

> Is there a time line for severing the Gordian Knot that seems to be keeping
> widespread implementation of RDF from the armamentaria (that's old-geek for
> "toolbox") of Web authors.

The time is now!  The W3C has already recommended RDF, I don't
understand what additional signal your waiting for.  These things are
not decided by anyone (even Tim Berners-Lee)  saying anything at all.
They are decided by somebody making a tool that works well and becomes
widely used.  I proposed one such tool in [1]  and another in [2] and
am chugging away on a similar tool dubbed MyMemory which will
read/write/remember RDF and index your documents.  If anyone wants to
collaborate on developing this, please send me a private email.

Topic: Seth Russell
Email: seth@robustai.net
Perspective: http://robustai.net/mynetwork/index.html