Circular references in RDF data model

From: David Allsopp <dallsopp@signal.dera.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 11:37:48 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Hello all,

A quick question abou the RDF data model:

I can't see any prohibition in the RDF Specification on circular
references in RDF triples (such that the subject and object are the same
resource).  Is this correct? It looks like a pitfall for implementors (a
likely cause of infinite loop bugs), but perhaps I've missed something?

Dr David Allsopp