Resource discovery question

From: David Schweinsberg <david@steadystate.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:58:45 -0000
Hello

I have a question regarding the retrieval of RDF from a HTTP server.  It
seems fairly clear in regard to retrieving information regarding documents -
either the RDF is embedded within the document or there is a link to it.
But is this the only point of entry regarding discovering RDF info at a web
site?

Would it be reasonable to use HTTP content negotiation?  Given a URI of,
say, http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee, I imagine a web browser would
want the HTML, but using the URI in an RDF context, we would want an RDF
response.

Is this URI "overloading" considered bad form?  Anyhow, I have looked long
and hard for an answer before posting a possibly stupid question, but to no
avail.

Regards,

David Schweinsberg
Steady State Software Ltd.