Re: Coordinating XML schema and RDF schema

Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com> wrote:

> I would love to see examples of:-
> 1. How RDF and XML Schemas can be combined
> 2. Proper uses of a system such as 1.

I'd say that RSS is a good example of such a system. RSS has an RDF schema
at:

http://purl.org/rss/1.0/schema.rdf

and a Schematron validator at:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccslrd/rss_validator/1.0/

We do not have an XML schema, because XML schemas restrict element order,
which is not a restriction we do not wish to impose in RSS. Basically, the
reason that both of such schemas apply is because we are defining an RDF
profile -- a subset of RDF syntax that is fully compatible with plain old
XML parsers as well as RDF parsers.

Hope this makes sense,