RE: tracing statement origin (was Re: I have a trouble with The R DF Model)

I've been out and have been trying to catch up on this discussion.

I was kinda wondering how it got here.  I have this idea stuck
in my head that the syntax is there to represent the model, not
the other way round.  So if I turn a model into an XML serialization,
I'd like to be able to get exactly that model back again from a
parser, without it feeling a desparate need for it tell me about
the structure of the XML serialization.  Now if a parser offers
me a choice, thats fine.  But I don't see anything in M&S that
says a parser MUST generate all that structure.

Shouldn't simple things be simple.

Brian

PS: if I wanted to filter the bags and stuff out again, how would
I do that?