Re: A triple is not unique.

From: Jonas Liljegren <jonas@rit.se>
Date: 21 Nov 2000 19:47:37 +0100
To: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, RDF-IG <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net> writes:

> If I understand your case we have:
> Context 1:  URI1 [S1, P1, O1]
> Context 2:  URI1 [S2, P2, O2]
> If the reified statement refers to the entity (the abstract thing)
> and the contexts are aggregated, then I think we could infer:
> S1 --isEquivalentTo--> S2
> P1 --isEquvalentTo--> P2
> O1 --isEquivalentTo--> O2
> But if the reified statement refers to the representation of the
> entity relationship, then somebody used the wrong URI.

My point is that people will sometimes use the wrong URI for a
resouce.  Applications will have to handle such cases.  We have here
two views on what the resource denotes.

It must be allowed to represent those two views in the same RDF

> I'm so confused....

I did it on purpose. ;-)

/ Jonas Liljegren

The Wraf project http://www.uxn.nu/wraf/