Re: A triple is not unique.

Seth,

I think that not only does RDF not have any concept of consistency, but
also that it has no concept of truth or falsehood.  Therefore, I don'e
think we can ever get a ruling on what triples mean, just that they exist
(or not) in some model.  The relationship between this model and any
perceived reality is a matter for interpretation.

#g
--

At 07:38 AM 11/20/00 -0800, Seth Russell wrote:
[...]
>Now you might call me silly .. cause everything i would assert of ~Seth~
>would have
>the same semantics as what i assert of Sub1.  But does it?  What if you
>tell your
>system:
>
>[You] --kill-->[~Seth~]
>
>Woops!   ... don't read that into your system!
>
>I think we need to get a ruling on what triples themselves mean according
>to the M&S
>bible before we can tackle what their reifications mean.
>
>Seth Russell

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)