Re: A triple is not unique.

From: Graham Klyne <GK@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:17:59 +0000
To: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: RDF-IG <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

I think that not only does RDF not have any concept of consistency, but
also that it has no concept of truth or falsehood.  Therefore, I don'e
think we can ever get a ruling on what triples mean, just that they exist
(or not) in some model.  The relationship between this model and any
perceived reality is a matter for interpretation.

At 07:38 AM 11/20/00 -0800, Seth Russell wrote:
>Now you might call me silly .. cause everything i would assert of ~Seth~
>would have
>the same semantics as what i assert of Sub1.  But does it?  What if you
>tell your
>[You] --kill-->[~Seth~]
>Woops!   ... don't read that into your system!
>I think we need to get a ruling on what triples themselves mean according
>to the M&S
>bible before we can tackle what their reifications mean.
>Seth Russell

Graham Klyne