Re: A triple is not unique.

On 20 Nov 2000, Jonas Liljegren wrote:
> I would like Dan Brickley to make an official ruling, and update [1],
> and later clarify the issue in a revision of the M&S document.

Sorry guys, I'm not in the business of making "official rulings"; that's
why we have working groups, document editors and Directo's decisions etc!

I am however in the business of trying to make sure all that stuff (eg.
possible rechartering of model/syntax work) reflects the concerns and
experience of RDF implementors. Specifically, I'd like to better
understand how the design issues here relate to existing RDF
implementations and vocabularies. If/when we jump one way or the other on
this issue, current code and systems may break if they've made a different
interpretation of the spec. Right now I'm not sure if most implementors
have for eg tried to remain neutral, with code that could operate in
either style. I suspect most folk would value resolution of this issue
pretty highly, and would live with the consequences. What I don't know yet
is how big a disruption this issue's resolution might be.

Dan