Re: A triple is not unique.

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:46:41 +0100
To: "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: "'Jonas Liljegren'" <jonas@rit.se>, Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>, RDF-IG <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
"McBride, Brian" wrote:
> A good distinction.  Again from M&S 4.1:
>
>   A new resource with the above four properties represents
>   the original statement ...

Does not proove much since we still have to know if "statement" means "stating" or "abstract statement"...

The argument from the formal model (about Statement being a *set*) is more convincing to me.

And not less annoying :
that would mean that any two resources having the same type, subject, predicate and object should be unified, which is quite yuck-y !

  Pierre-Antoine

--
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.