Re: APIs and interoperability

From: Graham Klyne <GK@Dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:37:33 +0000
To: Jonas Liljegren <jonas@rit.se>
Cc: www-rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
At 05:36 PM 11/17/00 +0100, Jonas Liljegren wrote:
>I think that the most important part of the interoperability is to
>establish a common schema for the metadata used in the system.

Hmmm...  using the same schema won't help interoperability if you've no way
to exchange it at the syntactic level.

I agree that common schema is important for some purposes, and especially
interesting ones, but interoperability generally REQUIRES that a range of
standard mechanisms are used, all of which are vital for interoperability.

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)