RDF "Language": definitions?

From: Sean Palmer <wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:18:59 -0000
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Dear All,
This is a tricky one: what do we officially call an RDF based
format/application/language/element set/protocol/metadata language, like DC
or RSS? I've been wanting to create a small RDF
format/application/language/element set/protocol/metadata language, but
didn't know what to call it! This is very important.
Also, does it need to validate? RSS just has a prose validation method, and
ignores what happens when you mix it with other stuff (i.e. it has no
content model). Should I write a Schema or DTD for it? (Most likely not: RDF
is a Web of partial understanding and trust). There seems to be no official
line on this, so one persons opinion is roughly as good as anothers.

BTW: For any of you have been trying to mail me on sean@mysterylights.com,
it's broken! I'm having to use wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk for now, which is
not good. I must have lost a *lot* of mail by now.

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
The Semantic Web: A Resource - http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/swr/
"The Internet; is that thing still around?" - Homer J. Simpson