RE: Does RDF overlap w/XML Schema

Here's my take. Others may disagree:

XML Schema is about constraining the surface XML syntax.
RDF is about expressing the underlying relationships between objects
("resources").

I believe the two can work in tandem. A particular surface syntax
(constrained via XML Schema) can be mapped to the underlying object
relationships (expressed via RDF model and constrained via RDF syntax)

James