RE: Does RDF overlap w/XML Schema

From: James Tauber <JTauber@bowstreet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:36:27 -0500
To: "'Jay Roberts'" <jayr@adrenaline.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Here's my take. Others may disagree:

XML Schema is about constraining the surface XML syntax.
RDF is about expressing the underlying relationships between objects
("resources").

I believe the two can work in tandem. A particular surface syntax
(constrained via XML Schema) can be mapped to the underlying object
relationships (expressed via RDF model and constrained via RDF syntax)

James