ANNOUNCEMENT: RDFStore 0.2

From: Alberto Reggiori <alberto.reggiori@jrc.it>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:18:53 +0100
To: RDF Interest Group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, etb@jrc.it, perl-xml@listserv1.ActiveState.com

                          RDFStore - Perl API for RDF Storage
                                              version 0.2
                                 http://xml.jrc.it/RDFStore/

RDFStore version 0.2 has been released. The major changes and bug fixing

since the previous version are:

* RDFStore now includes all the latest changes in the Stanford RDF API
Draft version  2000-10-30
* Fixed bug in PenRDF and PenRDFStrawman parsers to read RDF files
stored
   on the local filesystem
* Perl Socket based HTTP GET of RDF documents
* New indexing model, smaller and more efficient
* Searches result sets are SetModel now to easily make boolean
statements out of it

...and a lot of small other fixings and improvements.

The RDF PenRDF parser is now working correctly either with local and
remote RDF
files, and supports the Expat no-blocking streaming feature.
The FindIndex module has been updated to store just indirect references
to statement
objects. This should gain in efficency and save a lot of disk space.
The samples/*.pl scripts have been updated alos, and a new more complete
query syntax
has been added to rdfquery.pl

The next brick I want to add to RDFStore is a full Perl TIE interface to
read/write/query
triplets stores directly from Perl variables (scalars, hashes, arrays
and might be file handles)
Additionally I will try to benchmark/compare my stuff to other existing
implementations.

You probably noticed from the title that the project got an home page at
http://xml.jrc.it/RDFStore/
Please use such a URL to refer to the most up-to-date documentation and
software about
RDFStore; I will try to keep it updated as much as possible on what's
happening.

Yours

Alberto