Re: Semantic Document Framework(s) [language]

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:00:23 -0000
To: "Nic Ferrier" <nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Cc: <www-talk@w3.org>
> If we can't do it with success no machine that we can currently
> devise can. Which brings us back to using some non-ambiguous subset of
> English in order to resolve the problems... but as soon as you do that
> you're back to having to teach people how to use the language.

Fair enough. I suppose my point is that text is data, even if it is
unparsable. Documents are data too, and as such have a place on the Semantic
Web.

I liked the politicians gag, by the way!
> We *think* we know what we and others mean *most* of the time... but
> we often make mistakes. That's why politicians can exist.

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
The Semantic Web: A Resource - http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/swr/
WAP Tech Info - http://www.waptechinfo.com/
Mysterylights.com - http://www.mysterylights.com/
"The Internet; is that thing still around?" - Homer J. Simpson