Re: Semantic Web discussions lists: rdf-logic, rdf ig, www-talk, ...

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 08:42:20 -0600
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org> wrote:

> 'Future of the Web' discussions have long had a home: the www-talk@w3.org
> list.

Yes, but this list is long past its golden years, and is now not much more
than spam. It's sad, but true.

> If the semantic-web@w3.org list is to become an active forum, we need to
> have a good story as to where someone should post a given message.

To clarify:

semantic-web would be the high-level discussion of the future of the Web,
for people who aren't interested in specific specs or implementations. If
you feel this is better done on www-talk, then perhaps we can take it there,
but I don't believe the people who are interested in having this discussion
are on that list.