Re: XML.com 'Semantic Web: A Primer' article (the SW and you ;-)

From: <ssarkar@ayushnet.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2000 07:20:11 -0800
To: danbri@w3.org
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
On Sun, 05 November 2000, Dan Brickley wrote:

> But the Semantic Web will _be_ the Web - we're not talking about a 'new'
> Web here, just finishing off the job with the existing one. Edd's article
> makes the point that deployed technology (XHTML, XSLT) etc provide the
> foundations for SW. In that light, a new list might innacurately suggest
> some artificial binary divide between old and new Web technology.

To me this is the right direction for further discussions.  I feel that web is already developing
towards the next phase for unifying databases,
collaborative applications and supply-chains. We
already deal with a whole lot of semantics in
databases and applications.  Web can evolve
meaningfully to deal with seamantics by involving
RDF, XHTML, XSLT .. to address such issues.

To be SW or Not to be SW -- doesn't matter much.

-ssarkar@ayushnet.com