Re: Representing trust (and other context) in RDF

From: Guha <guha@guha.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 09:26:29 -0700
To: Graham Klyne <GK@dial.pipex.com>
CC: RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
The way the AI folks have been modelling contexts ---

if source--arc-->target (written as arc(source, target))
is in context C, you write it as ist(C, arc(source, target)).
"ist" is read as "is True In".

C is itself a first class object (i.e., a resource). The collection
of statements that are true in C could be closed under
deduction.

The common frameworks for contexts allow for lifting
of statements from one context to another. i.e., if a statement
P is true in C1, one can conclude that it is true in C2.

Guha