ParseType=Resource and Description

From: Ana Alice Baptista <analice@dsi.uminho.pt>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 16:01:22 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Dear all,

Following the RDF Model and Syntax Specification, I understand that having
the attribute parseType="Resource" in an RDF/XML element, is the same as
having an rdf:Description child element. I tried it with RDFViz
(http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/rdf-dev/rudolf/rdfviz/) from Dan
Brickley and the graph is exactly the same for these two constructions:

1.

<dc:creator>
   <rdf:Seq ID="creator">
    <rdf:li parseType="Resource">
     <vcard:fn>Ana Alice Baptista</vcard:fn>
     <vcard:email>analice@dsi.uminho.pt</vcard:email>
    </rdf:li>
    <rdf:li parseType="Resource">
     <vcard:fn>Altamiro Barbosa Machado</vcard:fn>
     <vcard:email>altamiro@dsi.uminho.pt</vcard:email>
    </rdf:li>

   </rdf:Seq>
   <rdf:Description aboutEach="#creator">
    <vcard:org>Universidade do Minho</vcard:org>
   </rdf:Description>
  </dc:creator>

2.

<dc:creator>
   <rdf:Seq ID="creator">
    <rdf:li>
     <rdf:Description>
      <vcard:fn>Ana Alice Baptista</vcard:fn>
      <vcard:email>analice@dsi.uminho.pt</vcard:email>
     </rdf:Description>
    </rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>
     <rdf:Description>
      <vcard:fn>Altamiro Barbosa Machado</vcard:fn>
      <vcard:email>altamiro@dsi.uminho.pt</vcard:email>
     </rdf:Description>
    </rdf:li>
   </rdf:Seq>
   <rdf:description aboutEach="#creator">
    <vcard:org>Universidade do Minho</vcard:org>
   </rdf:description>
  </dc:creator>

Is this correct? I mean, do they mean exactly the same?

I'd like also to ask you if we can consider the namespace for vcard to be

http://www.imc.org/vcard/3.0/

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Ana Alice Baptista
Departamento de Sistemas de Informação