Re: What to do with xml:lang for triples?

From: Mark Grossman <msg@geocast.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 14:42:41 -0700
To: Jan Wielemaker <jan@swi.psy.uva.nl>
CC: Graham Klyne <GK@dial.pipex.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
I think Tim underrated his Attempt 2, which is a form of ternary
relation as described in
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-rdf-syntax-199902222

    <name
        xml:lang="fi"
        rdf:value="Ora Lassila"/>

The syntax is pretty darned close to the "bad" XML syntax, but it
produces a decent RDF model - the resource has a name arc to an
anonymous node; this node has a value arc to the string and to the
relevant language.  I don't think this "means" that the language is a
property of the string; I think it means it's an interpretation property
of the resource whose value is the string.  The ternary relation example
works for me.

   -- Mark

--
Mark Grossman
Geocast Network Systems       Tel: (650)566-3259