Re: It is not clear to me whether rdfs:subClassOf can be applied to rdf:property because the latter is also an instance of rdfs:class.

Hi Dieter,

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Dieter Fensel wrote:

> It is not clear to me whether rdfs:subClassOf can be applied to
> rdf:property because the latter is also an instance of rdfs:class? Anyone
> could help out?

I'm not sure what your problem is. rdf:property is a class (ie. the class
of resources that are properties, eg. dc:title etc), so can be considered
a sub-class of other classes (eg. rdfs:Resource, the most general class).
So rdfs:subClassOf makes sense when applied to rdf:property.

Or maybe I misunderstand your question...?

dan

--
mailto:danbri@w3.org