Resources and things

From: Greg FitzPatrick <gf@medianet.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:30:40 +0100
To: "www-rdf-interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

In the WHA world of SKiCal, we refrain from using either the terms Thing or

We felt that so many methods had so much trouble with differentiating
between description and self-description that we wanted to make clear

We say that there are things which are identifiable by their description.

no description
	no identification
		no thing

and we call such a  thing for a "DIT" (by Description Identifiable Thing)

We also give a name to the description of the Thing. A Description Of a
Thing, we call a "DOT"

Each DOT is obviously also a DIT and somewhere out there in the great
unknown there might be a DIT which is not also a DOT. Who knows?

"He who dies with the most acronyms, wins the game."