RE: Model issues was: A certain difficulty

From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@iedigital.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:27:00 -0000
To: xml-dev@xml.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> The URI-pattern I agree is a big problem, and I think a lot
> of people would
> have wished it not there. I wonder how many  systems
> implement it.

I use it because - as I've said - I think it is the most interesting
feature of RDF.

> It seems to me best to put it off to a level of logic above
> the basic RDF. .............. (2)

I'd argue that the model is OK, it's the implementation that is tricky.
It's not impossible to implement, but will be a lot easier once XLink is
built into parsers, since then you could simply do a transform of RDF
into a great bundle of XLinks that pull in class and property
definitions, ranges, values and so on.

Best regards,

Mark Birbeck
x-port.net