Re: How to restrict the possible values of a class?

"McBride, Brian" wrote:

> >It does not seem right to me that DayRange be a subclass of Range :
> >typically, Range is a class and DayRange is the instance,
> >but DayRange may ALSO be a class (in which case Range is a metaclass)
> >
> >This is absolutely possible in RDF,
> >you just have to declare that Range is a subclass of class
> >(and that is IS also a class, as you did - both things are different !)
> >

> Yup - thats much cleaner.  To answer Tom's request for RDF:
>
> <rdfs:Class rdf:ID='DayRange'>
>   <rdf:type rdf:resource='#Range'/>
>   <thisNameSpace:ge>0</thisNameSpace:ge>
>   <thisNameSpace:le>31</thisNameSpace:le>
> </rdfs:Class>
>
> Does that do it?

absolutely, furthermore, we have

<rdfs:Class rdf:ID='Range'>
   <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource='&rdfs;Class'/>
</rdfs:Class>

so Range IS a class, then it can have instances
and it is a SUBCLASS of class, then its instances are also instance of class
-> DayRange, as an instance of Range, has type Class

 hope this helps

  Pierre-Antoine

--- Quid quid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
    Whatever is said in Latin sounds important.